Be the Heroine Contest
Have you ever fallen in love with a book boyfriend? Ever dreamed of escaping into the past with a Regency rogue or a sexy Scot? Perhaps fantasized that you’re the heroine of a historical romance?
Here’s your chance to see your favorite color, flower, pet, perhaps your hobby, a cute quirk, talent, and even your fears and dislikes portrayed on the pages of a historical romance dedicated to you! You’ll also receive an autographed print copy of the book.
Begins April 1st!
The Legal Stuff
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The “Be the Heroine Contest (sweepstakes) begins April 1, 2018 and ends on April 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time (US & Canada). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Sponsor retains right to end this contest at any time without prior notice and for any reason.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Collette Cameron.
3. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of all countries who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Contest (Sweepstakes )or win any prize.
4. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://collettecameron.com. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. Winner Selection: The winner of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within 14 days by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 72 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner will complete a brief questionnaire to collect information which may be used as characteristics for a fictional historical romance heroine. The potential winner acknowledges the heroine is not intended to represent the contest winner, and is in fact, not the contest winner but a imaginary character. Potential winner must acknowledge willingness to have a fictional character created, using all or part of the information Contest winner provides to Sponsor and must accept offer by email within 72 hours of notification. Contest winner agrees to provide their address for the shipping of the print book when the book is published and also acknowledges a publication date has not been determined. In the event the unforeseen circumstances prevent the writing or publication of the proposed book, entrants agree to hold Collette Cameron, sponsor, harmless and is not entitled to any compensation. This Contest in no way constitutes a contract or an agreement of any sort between Contest winner and sponsor. In the event the sponsor declines to write and/or publish any book using the contest winner’s information contest winner will receive another autographed print paperback at the discretion of sponsor. Contest winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
6. Prizes: 1 winner will receive 1 autographed paperback (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $14.00) Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within all countries. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, any surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting fromparticipating downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
9. Social Media Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ Instagram or any other social media site the contest is promoted on.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ or any other entity.
10. OTHER: By entering this contest entrant agrees they are not entitled to any compensation, monetary or otherwise, for use of entrant’s name or any of the information entrant voluntarily provides as the winner of this contest. This contest does not guarantee that the book will be written or be published. Entrants sole compensation, should the book be published, is a single print copy of the yet untitled book. No other compensation is implied or warranted or will be awarded.